Thursday, July 1, 2010

State of the Writer

I'm 34 now. I am grim on my birthday (Wednesday's child is full of woe). I reflect.

My Writing Year

A Monstrous War is in the best shape its ever been. I'm getting back into Firstsons as soon as I finish a short story that struck like lightning (if it comes you must obey it). I have 3-4 short stories sitting around, all lightning strikes (I'm a long form guy, so when a short story comes, it comes easy, riding on pure inspiration) I guess I should learn how to submit them and start with that.

I had a busy year. Between my query package (he both loves and hates the query package), several short stories, and my roadhouse fan fiction (love me some wade garret), I've also worked on some comic stuff and a 300 page SECRET PROJECT.

Yes, you heard me. 300 pages of something SECRET. I had a dream with the Penny Arcade guys, and in it and they were very impressed. Maybe it wasn't a dream, maybe it was whatever Deja vu is before it happens the second time*.


This Year:

Firstsons

J.B. v. O.D. Rum (more on this later)

Submit Short Stories

More Conferences

Mentor (I need a writing mentor, badly. I have no connections. This is where am BFA or MFA could have helped. How will to accomplish this? I don't know. Shove pages into the hands of someone I respect, I suppose.)


*Promnesia = Deja Vu. New word: Prenesia. Def: The pre-state of Deja Vu, where the groundwork for noting something no one cares about occurs. (From my twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment